Other Practice Areas
From Your Go-To Law Group for Top Representation
Our commitment to our clients is unmatched. We always put in the extra work to make sure our client has the representation they deserve. Attorney Virginia Perry has made a living helping clients in Colonial Heights, VA, and the surrounding regions through the divorce process, adoption journey, win custody cases, and much more. We always have our clients best interests in mind, and we work diligently to provide quality, timely service.
Simple Wills • Powers of Attorney • Advance Medical • Directives • Elder Fraud • Landlord-Tenant Law
• Church Law • And Much More
Q: Are there indicators that an older person may be a victim of fraud?
Yes, the National Committee for the Prevention of Elder Abuse lists the following possible indicators of fraud:
- Unpaid bills, eviction notices, or notices to discontinue utilities
- Withdrawals from bank accounts or transfers between accounts that the older person cannot explain
- Bank statements and canceled checks no longer come to the elder’s home
- New “best friends”
- Legal documents, such as powers of attorney, which the older person didn’t understand at the time he or she signed them
- Unusual activity in the older person’s bank accounts including large, unexplained withdrawals, frequent transfers between accounts, or ATM withdrawals
- The care of the elder is not commensurate with the size of his/her estate
- A caregiver expresses excessive interest in the amount of money being spent on the older person
- Missing belongings or property
- Suspicious signatures on a check or other documents
- Absence of documentation about financial arrangements
- Implausible explanations given about the elderly person’s finances by the elder or the caregiver
- The elder is unaware of or does not understand financial arrangements that have been made for him or her
Q: What can I do if I suspect a friend, neighbor, or relative is the victim of elder fraud or abuse?
Q: What if the elderly person refuses help?
Perry Law Group
3660 Boulevard Suite E,
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday Closed